Thursday, July 12, 2007

23 Things - Week 6

Honore here: Lots of good "fun" this week. I like Del.icio.us tho' the syllabication drives me batty. I was a great fan of Amazon's beta search tool - A.9 - and Del.icio.us reminds me of it, tho' I don't know why. I really like the idea of flat hierarchies - read about it on Beeler's space. I wish there were a way to organize my files using tags - I invariably forget where I "filed" a document and FH (my shorthand for flat hierarchies) seems to be the ticket for rescuing my memory. I also like the fact that Del.icio.us replaces bookmarks - I never refer to them. My Del.icio.us buttons didn't install - be sure to read the Note at the bottom of Thing 13 before you try to install the buttons, if you sign up for Del.icio.us. I'm going to try again...

Technorati - Thing 14 - is a cool blog search tool - I could do without the ads, but they are a minor distraction. The tool gives you lots of information about blogs and ways to search aspects of them. Tags are an essential aspect of the tool and when all else fails, the tool resorted to doing a keyword search in blog posts for my "tag terms." I like that feature. This is an easy to use search tool.

Hope you watched the video in Thing 15 - it was posted on this blog at the begining of our journey. It's pretty clever. I read the two posts on NextSpace: Into a new world of librarianship - it has some great tips for thinking about your customers as you continue to work on your project; and To a temporary place in time. I love the idea of a knowledge spa. Both posts resurrected VIVO and Whole New World for me.

I'm hoping this next week to catch up on several by-gone weeks; been looking for an avatar with mouse ears...
Cheers~

No comments:

Web 2.0 ...The Machine is Us/ing Us